Carolyn Riker, MA is an educator, counselor, writer and poet. In 2010, she started a private tutoring practice, Wombats in My Garden.
Journal writing and poetry have been a steady thread throughout her life. In November 2012, she became a featured columnist for Women’s Spiritual Poetry Blog and Elephant Journal. In January, 2013 she became a columnist for Rebelle Society. Subsequently, she has been published in two books and a yoga magazine. In 2014, she completed an intensive journal writing program with The Center for Journal Therapy. She now facilities journal writing workshops as a Certified Journal Instructor.
In 1992, she graduated from Marymount University, Arlington, VA with a Master’s Degree in Psychological Services and Counseling. She continued her post-graduate studies at Johns Hopkins, Baltimore Maryland. In 1993, she became a Licensed Mental Health Counselor and a Licensed Professional Counselor.
- Integral Yoga Magazine, fall 2013 My Yoga Story: A Journey into Healing
- Best of Rebelle Society Vol. I: Celebrating the Art of Being Alive
- Journey of the Heart: An Anthology of Spiritual Poetry by Women, 2014.
- Where Journeys Meet: The Voice of Women’s Poetry, 2015.
Online Publications: (writer, columnist and contributor):
- Women’s Spiritual Poetry Blog
- elephant journal
- Rebelle Society
- The Tattooed Buddha
- Women for One